Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DETOX...are you thinking about it?

To detox or not to detox that is the question!

I've been feeling sluggish and just not on my A game lately.  Coming off of the holidays, starting a new job and moving to a new city = me neglecting my body and developing horrible eating habits.  It's all about instant gratification right!?!  Eeeeh wrong, because my body is revolting and now I'm not feeling so hot.  So, I've decided to detox.  My co-worker found this great article in Whole Living magazine for a 21 day detox.  I'm on day 2 of the detox and here's my take thus far:

(Links to everything is at the bottom)

PROS
-Affordable (I spent about $48 on a week's worth of groceries = $2.29/meal)
-Tastes good (very important!!!)
-Healthy (whole foods only, no processed)
-Feel satisfied (not full but satisfied, there's a difference)
-Lighter (don't we all want to feel lighter)
-Snacks (there are recipes for healthy snacks, that's a plus in my book)
-Knowledge (I'm learning about new foods and how to prepare them, yippee)
-Easy prep
-Variety of meals you can chose from
-Recipes / shopping lists are provided

CONS
-Time (some recipes take some time to prepare, like soups but you can refrigerate it and have several meals)
-Headaches (the article mentions that you'll experience some, not horrible)
-Hunger pains (definitely feeling my tummy growl from time to time, drinking water helps a whole lot)
-Juices (they're yummy but if you don't have a juicer, well you can't make juice, I found an affordable one at Wally World -- Walmart)

I did my shopping at Winco, similar to a Food 4 Less in some areas.  They have an unbelievable variety of spices, love it!  Trader Joe's would be a great place to go for affordability and variety as well.  Or maybe even Walmart.  You're not buying a lot so make sure you are looking at the servings before you go shopping.  I learned that the hard way!

Here's to a NEW YOU starting right NOW!

~kxc
1 Cor 16:13-14




No comments:

Post a Comment